Clinical Science Lead
iota Biosciences, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma US, is a medical device company pioneering bioelectronic solutions across a range of medical therapies and diagnostics. Bioelectronic medical implants are the start of an entirely new form of medicine, treating chronic diseases through non-pharmaceutical mechanisms not previously accessible to clinicians.
iota Biosciences, Inc. was acquired by Astellas Pharma US in November 2020. Astellas Pharma US, Inc. is an affiliate of Tokyo-based Astellas Pharma Inc., a top 20 global pharmaceutical research company. Astellas is committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. iota’s core proprietary technology stack leverages ultrasonic energy to communicate with and power custom implantable devices, enabling completely new clinical approaches to treating diseases. At iota Biosciences you will be given the opportunity to substantially influence the design and success of these pioneering Class III medical implants, as the company expands the reach of its novel technology while bringing new solutions to the clinic.
iota Biosciences is based in Alameda, California. For more information please visit iota.bio
Clinical Science Lead:
The Clinical Science Lead (CSL) is a professional who will serve as a key scientific partner between healthcare providers and internal iota colleagues. The CSL will provide clinical support to internal cross-functional teams, help establish advisory boards and provide clinical study support for iota projects. The CSL will ensure access to current medical and scientific information on currently marketed therapies in specific areas of interest (Opthamology, Urology, Oncology, Immunology or Neurology).
In addition, the CSL will assist with Early Feasibility clinical trial set up and execution. The CSL will be a conduit between clinical operations and the clinical site to ensure appropriate engagement and build foundational relationships. The CSL may also be involved with site initiation, site education, and relationship management in providing clinical protocol, clinical trial data and disease expertise to clinical investigators, nurses and health care providers involved in clinical studies.
- Delivers clinical value propositions and engages with key opinion leaders in medical groups
- Provides scientific/clinical input for product requirements, user needs and risk assessment for iota’s devices
- Serves as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific advisory boards, clinical investigator meetings, and internal meetings
- Maintains in-depth scientific knowledge in relevant therapeutic areas
- Collects, analyzes, and communicates information concerning therapeutic area, treatment options, emerging standards of care, and competitive intelligence
- Provides effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences and tailors presentations to meet specific audience needs through peer to peer scientific exchange
- Assesses feasibility and serves as the primary liaison between iota and investigator for Early Feasibility Study (EFS) protocol
- Operates at the highest level of iota/Astellas compliance and professional standards
- Doctorate degree (PharmD, MD, DO or PhD) in a relevant field (Opthamology, Urology, Oncology, Immunology or Neurology)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of clinical trials
- Experience in reviewing and/or writing of clinical protocols
- Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments including regulatory, quality, product development, and clinical operations
- Post professional degree practice or relevant transferable experience (clinical practice, academic research, regulatory/scientific) is preferred
- Strong-track record of fostering relationships and demonstrated ability to identify national, regional, and local KOLs
- Basic business acumen with a solid understanding of the medical device industry
- Creative approach to problems solving and able to work effectively in a constantly changing environment
Job Type: Remote, Full-time
iota offers a very competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- 100% employer paid Anthem Platinum PPO or Kaiser Platinum plans, as well as dental, vision, and ADD. Iota covers dependents at 100%.
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan – matching contributions equal to 100% of your deferral contributions up to 5% of your eligible compensation.
- Bonus Plan
- Long Term Incentive Plan (LTIP)
- 4 weeks of vacation, 2 floating holidays, and 9 Company paid holidays!
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com